Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Justified and Washed Clean

1 Corinthians 6:9 & 11 "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived... 11 and such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and the Spirit of God."

This verse struck me and made me question "who is unrighteous?", am I? I know that I want to make sure by studying and filling myself with God's word that my life has been in pursuit of Him. Notice Paul's warning to not allow yourself to be deceived, that speaks volumes of how easy it is for us to fall into deception. After listing all sorts of catagories of sinners Paul points out that some of the members were catagorized like that once too. Paul's point is to show God's saving grace regardless of who you were. He can save you from anywhere and can use you from anywhere too. God wants desiring souls who are thirsty for conversion.

I felt the Spirit leading me to take time out for all of us today to just rejoice in how great our God truly is. He doesn't need our hands, a platform, our strategies, techniques, or our plans he just wants our hearts. At that point God can show His awesome power, purpose, and plan. It is hard for me to really understand His saving grace (I know many who come to tears when thinking of it) but I can honestly say I'm learning. Here is for serving a God who is worth fighting for!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jules, I agree I can be easy to trick ourselves. Does God even like my worship? The prayer for a pure heart and mind is essential. Church!