Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Re-Introduction

It has been so long since I have been involved in the E-Fellowship conversation that I feel I need to re-introduce myself. My name is Tyler Durham. I am a former player for the St. Louis Cardinals organization and one of the original contributors to the E-Fellowship blog (that was a long time ago and this thing is still going!). I am currently finishing my Masters of Divinity degree at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in my hometown of Fort Worth, Tx. I have been married for 3 1/2 years to my wife Ariane and we have a 9 month daughter named Rachel.

My desire, Lord willing, is to finish my MDiv in May, then enter the PhD program here at Southwestern. Ultimately, I want to teach and preach the Bible in whatever place the Lord has for me, whether in the classroom or the church.

What I want to do in this post is share with you several reasons why I want to return to the E-Fellowship blog:

1. Even though I have not seen many of the guys who contribute to this blog in years, I still consider them good friends and through this blog hope to continue our friendship.

2. I want to help the followers of this blog grow in their Christian walk. Whether it is through a biblical passage that I have been wrestling with, a great quote in a book that I am reading, or a personal story of my struggle with sin, I want to be a means of encouragement to those who follow this blog.

3. I want to share what I have learned in these last 3 years of seminary. I consider it a privilege to have the opportunity to get a masters level education at a solid, bible-believing, evangelical seminary. By God's grace I have been granted this opportunity and I feel a certain responsibility to share the things I have learned, not keep them to myself. What better way than on the E-Fellowship blog?

4. I want to benefit and contribute to the conversation that his been going on through E-Fellowship over these last several years.

5. I want to be a part of what God is going to do through E-Fellowship in the future.

Well, that is a little bit about who I am and why I am back. I thought before I starting throwing out posts I should re-introduce myself.


3 comments:

TEvans said...

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm really excited about what you have in store for this group. Man, its good to have you back in the line-up and I can't wait for the dialogue to get up and running. I'm ready to feast on whatever spiritual meat you're ready to serve. I'm currently reading Grudem's Systematic Theology so thats were my head's at right now.

- Terry

Pip said...

Welcome back, Tyler!

Hannah said...

Welome back!!!