Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December Points To Jesus

My pastor last Sunday spoke on the birth of Christ and how it is another revelation that points us to the Savior and our need to be redeemed. It hit me really hard and brought me back to a familiar place where I thought about all the non-believers and the people who claim Christian just because it sounds sophisticated. My heart is broken for them and I wanted to spend this time to remind us all that we need to pray for them with a diligent pursuit. I really believe that is the worst place a person can be in, being that of ignorance (not knowing they need a savior because they don't feel lost). For by all of God's revelations we (all of us) will be without an excuse as to why we didn't believe in him and accept His truth.

Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead so they are without excuse."

As much as there is a need to pray for the nonbelievers there also is a need for us to press in so we will have the foundation and faith muscle to stand firm in the face of the enemies attacks. Let's all take a minute and throw up a prayer for the group, the non believers, and ourselves.

1 comment:

Tanner said...

We must pray for life to be spoken into the withering branches of the world (John 15). Withering branches look as if they are in the Vine but the reality is they are not which is clearly seen by the Gardener when He sees their absence of fruit. I too, was once a withering branch. Praise my Father in Heaven for speaking life into me rather than going ahead and cutting me off to be gathered and burned in the bonfire.

I'm agreed that not knowing your need for a Savior is a slow death to destruction. We need more bold men and women especially in our culture to share with others the need mankind has for reconciliation. Not fear tactics but Truth tactics. Don't be afraid to tell the Truth. The Truth hurts but the Truth also sets free.