Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Let Me Pray About It

"Ya, I hear ya but let me pray about it." -unknown-
"I've been really convicted of making an adjustment in this area but I need to continue to pray about it, God will make it clear and then I'll move forward." -unknown-

Have you heard this before? Are you the author of lines like these? I've been guilty of this before and today I heard a man in my bible study lay this out. Mind you that this is when God led Moses down to the Red Sea with all the Jews. They were sitting there like "yo what do we do now, were trapped, dang Moses, you're a terrible leader." Moses was saying "have faith and pray." Here is what God said.

Exodus 14:15-16 "Then the Lord said to Moses, "Why are you crying out to me? Tell the Israelites to move on. Raise your staff and stretch out your hand over the sea to divide the water so the Israelites can go through the sea on dry ground." NIV

Exodus 14:15 "Then the Lord said to Moses, "Stop praying and go." LTV

Have you ever put off doing what you're pretty sure God wants you to do because you're too scared or too comfortable in your sin? I really don't think God makes the decision clear for us all the time. Many times it requires our obedience to step forward in faith and after a step or two we start to see that God's will was in it. All too often Christians can use the "I need to pray on it some more" as a cop out, we have to be careful of this. I'm not saying it's bad to "be still" or to "pray for an answer", we just need to know when to move. Here is some wisdom from my tee-ball coach, "you can't steal second with your foot on first." How's that for knowledge? We have to be bold sometimes to step out in faith and flex our muscle.
Be blessed my friends, He is risen and is coming back.

No comments: