Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tuff Spot

My dad just called me and said that my grandpa has 1 to 6 months left in his life. This whole thing hasn't really hit me until today and my heart is heavy for him right now. It's making me think about our time here on earth and what's important. He's not a believer... So I'm obviously fearful for him at this point. My grandpa is a man who by the world's definition is at the top. He's friends with Warren Buffett, that should give you a hint of his financial status. Canada came to him and asked him to get the winter olympics to Canada in 2010... He did it. So now he's coming towards the end, and my prayer is that God can move on his behalf and reveal himself to my grandpa and all unbelievers in my family. I amazed at the comfort our Lord offers us at the end of our time! I want him to experience that and trust in him. Just a vent session, and I'm blessed to have all of you on here for prayer and wisdom.

Blessings,

Blake

4 comments:

Nolan Gottlieb said...

We'll be lifting your family up in prayer bro...

Jules said...

Dag, I've been throwing that guy up nightly and I trust our Lord will intervene. Stay encouraged!

waino said...

Knife, know that i'll be praying for your grandpa. You have an awesome heart stud....God is great...let's all pray that he opens your gramps' eyes. Call if you need another vent session

Tyler Parker said...

Halo Bombs have been lit.

You are right on about the piece of mind that comes with Salvation. My father-in-law is a strong christian soldier and talks about when he dies, he wants a party thrown. Then on the flip side with my own dad, who is not even close to anything besides this earth it is a struggle.
It is so strange, that now when I find out if someone died the first thing I think of is "was he/she a christian?" The answer to that question has such an amazing effect on me both positively and negatively.
Anyways, all you can say is it ain't over til its over. There is always time until that last breath like the theif on the cross next to Jesus. I will be tossing him up.