Thursday, November 1, 2012

In Chirst

My pastor is in the middle of a series entitled Free. Basically the main point is that we were "in Adam" when he sinned, and we were "in Christ" when He died for our sins. So in Adam we were dead to sin and in Christ we were freed of the power of sin. Sometimes it is easier for me to believe that I was born a sinner than to believe that I was set free from sin when I became a Christian. This sermon has really opened my eyes to the fact that the power of the cross is exponentially more powerful than the sin of one mortal man. Sin is not my master and just speaking this truth over my life all throughout the day reminds me of that.


Romans 5:15
"But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did Gods grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!

No comments: